Not a good time for the ‘cabal’ in Craigmillar at the moment. It seems that some people looking after the community’s funds, (we’ll call them Nolan’s Numpties for the moment) thought it would be a good idea to make sure that all their friends were left in no doubt about their constant stream of money to spend and waste as they see fit.
However, our information is that a sharp official got wind of ‘Nolan’s Numpties’ trying to use Scottish Executive cash to build up a safety pot of Â£100,000 to keep ‘their people’ in jobs and has axed the plan because it is inappropriate use of Executive money.
Just to show how bent it is around the Craigmillar area, word into EdinburghSucks.com is that Paul Nolan (the disgraced ex-councillor) immediately fired of an email demanding that Councillor Jack (I’m standing down and taking the cash pay-off) O’Donnell as Chairman of SIP Partnership Board take disciplinary action against the Partnership Manager for asking the question, i.e. doing his job.
Unfortunately for Nolan being a self-confessed IT illiterate (although he is a Director of the area’s IT Center which receives millions in public funding) managed to screw up his request up by hitting the “Reply to All” button on his email client and everyone and their auntie got a copy of the email which shows what a spiteful, vindictive little sh1t (see 4b) he really is.
Now this is not all bad news. The good news is that projects which Nolan, McNulty and Cuthbertson took great glee in cutting at recent funding panel meetings, namely, Womanzone, LPAG and others have some hope because that money goes back in the pot for funding much to the resentment of Paul Nolan, Mac Wilkinson, David Baird, David Walker, Patsy King and Norma Cuthbertson.
Now the questions for the Council:
1. Why, when Norma Cuthbertson who is the Council Official on the SIP Board and the SIP Board Funding Panel, and was supposed to oversee of the Scottish Executive funds being distributed and ensure that they were distributed correctly, did she not speak up when she knew and took part in the build-up of a pot of Â£100,000 to be misappropriated to ‘European Projects’ to the detriment of other projects in the area?
2. EdinburghSucks.com has information that she is overseeing the same sort of stuff in other SIP areas in Edinburgh, will this continue?
3. Why does Council ‘Link Workers’ employed by Children & Familes attend these meetings and do not make reports to their superiors detailing what is going on and asking for enquiries?
4. Why has the Partnership Chairman, Councillor Jack O’Donnell allowed this to continue and has not intervened.
5. When will the whitewashing stop?
Tom Aitchison, Chief Executive and Jim Inch, Head of Corporate Services for the Council, these questions are aimed squarely at YOU - you employ the people who are supposed to be overseeing our money.